Sunday, March 15, 2009

March Madness

So it is half way through the month... How am I doing on meeting my goals? Not great. I am only about a third of the way there. You know what I would really love to do right now..... Go to our cabin on the lake and just watch movies that I loved as a kid while I knit. I would love to take a walk around the lake. I am feeling really reflective right now. I love history the world and in my own life. I like to be friends with people forever. I love having known a friend for a long time. Having shared memories of important times in our lives because we have known each other so long. That is where I feel safe. Feel I have some connection. Giving up an old friendship is hard for me. I will drive hours both ways just for a birthday party, baby shower, funeral, kid's soccer game, Christmas party. It doesn't matter. If my friend wants me there I will be there. Yet, I feel weird like I am the only person who does this. I go to the birthdays and everyone is from their church and I am the weird one who drove hours to come. People that I see several times a year, but it is always catching up. Everyone else knows what happened in there lives a couple of days ago I am finding out stuff from weeks sometimes even months. Yet, I can't give it up. I need that connection.... Someone who knew me when...

No comments: